Friday, March 27, 2009

Surprise!


I was not about to let my dad retire after working hard for SO many years without some type of bang! So me and my mom went to work planning a surprise retirement party for him and hoping that he did not catch on! It was three weeks after he actually retired so we thought he would never figure that a party was coming and he didn't! He thought "no one cared" that he retired...boy was he wrong. It was a lot of work but completely worth it! It was a great party and I am thankful to all the friends and family that came to celebrate with us. A special thanks to Tom & Kathy Lutz, Richie Williamson, JT Tharrett, Ron & Jessica Ruggs and Dave Bova. They made it possible for us to pull off and I appreciate their help! Thank you.



The Spoon.....Well for all those who do not know my dad I will tell you the story of the "spoon". As a Union Business Agent for many, many years my dad become an expert at "stirring the pot" out in the field (and loved every minute of it!) so I figured that it was appropriate for him to "pass the spoon" on to a lucky agent. He was given a huge wooden spoon to pass on which when to Richie Williamson who actually was the one that was nice enough to take on the project of making them for me. I knew that it would not be easy nor would he give up the union life and stirring the pot even in retirement so he was also given a huge spoon so that he may continue what he does best!

Congratulations Dad -
Enjoy every minute of it, you deserve it!

No comments: